Celebrate life’s most important moments with us.
At St. Mark’s, we celebrate life’s most important moments,
recognizing God’s presence in our everyday lives! We invite individuals of all ages to join us in our journey as we grow in faith and discipleship.
- Baptism: This is the beginning step in a person’s lifelong faith journey. Through baptism we are welcomed into the church and the Kingdom of God. If you are interested in baptism for yourself or for your child, you are invited to contact the church office to set up an appointment.
- Bible Presentations and Blessings: St. Mark’s recognizes that the Bible is an essential source of guidance throughout our faith journey. We celebrate sharing God’s Word with our 2nd graders, as well as our youth who are entering Confirmation by presenting them with a Bible and extending a blessing over them.
- Backpack Blessings: This annual event marks the passing of the summer, and celebrates the beginning of the school year. Students of all ages are invited to bring their backpacks to the altar, where they receive a blessing and a small gift. Whether they are entering Kindergarten, or preparing to leave for college, this event reminds students that God is with them always.
- First Communion: An individual’s first communion is an important milestone event. We invite our 5th grade students and their parents to participate in instruction and discussion of the mystery of Holy Communion. After participating in this instruction, our young people and their families are recognized during a Sunday Worship Service.
- Confirmation: This significant milestone affirms an individual’s baptismal faith to “let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16) In addition, our youth commit to ongoing worship, education, fellowship and service to the world in the name of Jesus Christ as they become adult members of the congregation. Our 7th and 8th grade youth participate in two years of Confirmation instruction, culminating in a Confirmation ceremony in the spring.
- High School Graduation: At the completion of high school, our youth are faced with choices about future life paths. St. Mark’s celebrates this milestone with a blessing and a gift, reminding them that God has a plan for their lives. “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Marriage: At St. Mark’s we celebrate with couples, as they become united as one as husband and wife! If couples wishing to be married in our church are not members of St. Mark’s, we request that they participate in an Inquiry Class, and attend pre-marital counseling with one of our pastors. Please contact the church office for more information.